Homes for HOPE supported by Jim Davidson’s Annual Clay Day
Homes for HOPE counted it a great joy and privilege to be invited as one of the charities benefitting from Jim Davidson’s Annual Clay Day on October 19th, 2023. This was the 8th year Davidson Cares, the philanthropic arm of Davidson Realty in St. Augustine, FL, hosted this sport shooting tournament fundraising event that has become a staple in the region’s building industry. The remarkable event has grown each year, and the President of Davidson Realty and Davidson Cares, Sherry Davidson, was elated to announce that they brought in a record $150,000 in donations! Since 2012, Davidson Cares has raised more than $577,785 for the amazing charities listed below.
This year, Homes for HOPE’s first, was especially moving because Jim Davidson, Sherry’s beloved husband who helped launch Davidson Cares, went home to be with the LORD in August of this year after a harrowing battle with cancer. There were many tears as we had the collective honor of celebrating this incredible man’s legacy and the far-reaching impact his generosity has had on those he loved and served. Please take some time to learn about the charities Davidson Cares supports and prayerfully consider how you might get involved.
- Augustine Youth Services (SAYS)is dedicated to providing a safe, therapeutic environment for boys between 6 and 18 from throughout Florida who have suffered the damaging effects of abuse and neglect. SAYS works to rebuild their lives to help them grow into capable, independent adults. Learn more
- Investing in Kids! (INK!)provides innovative programs and classroom resources to promote the academic success of all local public school students. Programs sponsored by INK!, formerly the St. Johns County Education Foundation, include FLY (Five Learning Years) and Take Stock in Children. Learn more
- Builders Carelaunched in 2001 to address the housing issues of Northeast Florida’s seniors, low income residents, veterans and disabled individuals. The faith-based non-profit organization handles wide-ranging projects from handicap accessibility to water intrusion and roof repairs. Builders Care serves as the charitable arm of the Northeast Florida Builders Association (NEFBA). Learn more
- Port in the Storm Homeless Youth Centeris a safe place where our young people can find support in time of crisis. It is the only shelter providing services for all homeless youth of St. Johns County. The program features safe shelter, life skills training to prepare youth for adulthood, access to medical/ mental health services and education/training options, and a safe caring environment providing the structure and stability needed to build a positive future. It is a “port in the storm of life” for kids with no one who cares and nowhere to go. Port in the Storm was established in 2019 through the generosity of the local community. The program serves nearly 100 youth through day program and shelter annually. Learn more
- Hope is Restoredis committed to rescuing and restoring victims of modern-day slavery while also educating and raising awareness in our community. Hope Is Restored was established to deliver a message, and bring hope and restoration to those seeking freedom. Learn more